- The Trinity – We believe that God exists and that God became flesh through Jesus Christ who is the Savior of the world. We believe in the Holy Spirit and that God through the Holy Spirit inspires all Scripture. We believe that God created the world, and human beings in God’s image. We believe that humanity has sinned, but that through Jesus Christ, God offers salvation and a new way of life.
- Salvation – We believe that salvation is experienced by asking Jesus to be our Savior and asking Him to forgive our sins. This belief and faith in Christ, recognizing Him as Lord and Savior, gives us the assureance of the free gift of eternal life. After receiving salvation by faith through belief in Jesus Christ, the “born again” believer, (John 3:3), may live free from the judgment of God by living a life according to the teachings of the Bible and trusting the Holy Spirit for the power to live a holy life.
- Church – We believe that the Church is the assembly of those who have accepted salvation, through faith in Jesus Christ, and that the Church’s mission is to proclaim the Kingdom of God and to make disciples. We believe that the Church is God’s Holy nation. We place our hope in the reign of God and its fulfillment in the day when Jesus Christ will come again.
- Baptism, Communion and Feet Washing – We believe that baptism of a believer, with water, is a sign of cleansing from sin and a pledge to walk in Jesus’ way. We believe that the Lord’s Supper ( Communion) is a sign by which the Church remembers the new covenant, which Jesus established by His death. We believe that in washing the feet of His disciples, Jesus calls us to serve one another in love as He did.
- Discipleship – We believe that ministry is a continuation of the work of Jesus Christ. We believe that the Church of Jesus Christ is one body, with many members and that Jesus calls us to discipleship, to take up our cross and follow Him.
- Peacemaking – We are committed to telling the truth, to avoid the swearing of oaths, to live in faithful stewardship of all that God has given us. We believe that peace is the will of God and that led by the Holy Spirit we follow Jesus Christ in the way of peace, doing justice, bringing reconciliation and practicing nonresistance, even in the face of violence and warfare.
- The Great Commission – We believe the Good News of Salvation through Jesus Christ is to be shared within our local community and throughout the entire world. Therefore, we support both local and foreign evangelistic outreach ministries.
- The Second Coming of Christ – We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ to receive His believers into Heaven and eternal life. the time of His return is unknown, but may be at any moment. We believe that those who have not accepted Christ as Savior and Redeemer will face eternal punishment.
To read the entire Mennonite Confession of Faith click on the following link: http://mennoniteusa.org/confession-of-faith/